Tuesday, August 14, 2007

i don't shine if you don't shine

I woke up this morning with a tremendous headache, and so I ended up calling in sick and going back to bed. It was just what the doctor ordered, in my humble opinion. I slept for a couple of hours, spent some time on the phone with my mother, took a shower, made a grilled cheese sandwich, and waded through the work email that had piled up over the past few days. I recovered from my headache sufficiently so that I could go to Half Moon Bay for dinner tonight - I would have had to be dead not to go, since it was Doug's last hurrah before leaving for Denmark, as well as my last chance to see Eric the Viking. I also luckily got to see Jasmine and Michael, whom I hadn't seen in ages. We went to the beach after dinner, where the stars were out in full force (not as full force as, say, Iowa, but the beach was remarkably clear tonight), and where we played a couple of quick, lazy games of mafia. I was a fortunate witness of one of the best displays of mafia defense ever - Erem pretended to be asleep, so convincingly that he drooled on himself, thus evading being lynched and winning the game for the mafia. Even though the rest of the game was pointless (Doug stabbed himself in the face in the first five seconds), that moment made up for it.

Now I should really go to bed - I have meetings straight from 8:30am to 6pm. Ugh. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck