Friday, August 03, 2007

it was good, it was bad, but it was real

I'm really far too tired to blog, but I shall persevere for a few reasons: 1) my parents apparently think I'm heinous for rarely blogging and for not calling them last weekend; 2) I know that Vidya will check this to see if I mention her and will be annoyed if I don't; and 3) I really should blog more, and always regret when I don't.

Work has been rather stressful; as I explained to my parents and to Vidya tonight, it feels like I've been hit in the head repeatedly with a wiffle bat - not hard enough to cause lasting damage, but still annoying and painful all the same. Going to Tahoe was relaxing in the moment, and I don't regret it, but it contributed to me coming back to work and feeling like I had been thrown into the English Channel with cement shoes and and straitjacket, and expected to swim to France. I'm going to take it easier this weekend, and probably get some work done and try to straighten up the mess in my apartment so that I can feel better at the start of next week.

It hasn't been all bad though - I saw 'Live Free or Die Hard' last night with Claude and Marco, and I absolutely loved it. Bruce Willis is amazing, and the action sequences were awesome. The other patrons in the movie theatre were equally into it, to the point that they succumbed to my traditional social psych experiment and all clapped at the end of the movie when I started cheering. I love to do that - it's always interesting to see everyone start to clap solely because someone else did. Granted, this movie was definitely clap-worthy, and I hope Bruce Willis keeps making these movies until he dies.

Today, I was in no mood to go to work, given that I got home from the movie at 1am, but I made it through the entire day, and even followed through on my plan to go to the evil city and have dinner with Vidius Chandicus. We were originally going to have crepes, but I discovered that she actually eats sushi (not the raw fish kind, but rather the other assorted non-fish-containing Japanese dishes, such as agedashi tofu), and so we went to the sushi place on the corner of the street that she lives on. It was v. good to see her - she's a good person and simultaneously v. entertaining, which seems to be hard to pull off, but she somehow manages. Also, we rarely see each other alone, so it was good that we followed through on our secret plan to sneak away and have dinner without the multitudes in attendance. I may despise the city, but it still makes me laugh - I accidentally drove into the Tenderloin while I was going up, because I was on the phone w/my parents and circling around Vidya's neighborhood, and I was treated to the sight of a crazy homeless guy wandering around in the middle of the street brandishing a big teddy bear at passing cars. Yay. And, of course, I got to see Vidya, so my night was complete.

Okay, that's all you're getting from me tonight - I hope you're satisfied!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's tiight that you said nice things about me instead of sucky things, since I read your blog.