Saturday, August 25, 2007

magic soaking my spine

So as you may have figured out last night, I came home to the distressing discovery that I had forgotten to put my boeuf bourguignon back in the fridge after reheating it the night before. This was rather upsetting, since there were at least four servings left, and I had intended to freeze them for my future enjoyment. The rest of my day yesterday was fine, though, and I had a lovely dinner with Kim--we caught up on our respective lives over enchiladas at Fiesta del Mar, so I didn't exactly go hungry last night, despite my mistake with the boeuf bourguignon.

Today was a relatively decent day as well; I had to be at the office at 8:30, which was a major downer, but I left around five. I also had lunch with Heather and spent about half an hour catching up with Terry, so that was nice. After getting home from work, I sliced up a bunch of strawberries, mixed some dough for shortcake, and then went over to Shedletsky's house. Tonight was an experiment in merging friend groups - I had been trying to coordinate doing something with my friend Chris (the former TASPer) for awhile, and also wanted him to meet Shedletsky, since Chris is into boardgames. So Chris, his fiancee Meggy, and his friend Ryan all came over, and Shed made french toast and bacon. We then played a couple of board games - and I must have been on best behavior, since Shed's roommate didn't leave the game midway through in disgust/anger like he did the last time I played with him. See, I am growing up!

The rest of the weekend will be simultaneously eventful and uneventful - I have made tentative plans with three different people tomorrow, and if they all come to fruition I will have to bail on at least one of them. Sunday, I'm having brunch with Vidya, which shall be lovely. I also need to work on my romance novel and do laundry, so it should be a busy couple of days. In preparation, I'm going to go to bed! In one week, I will be on a plane bound for ye olde Iowa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For fear that I have offended with my last offering, which may be another indictment of my taste and tact, I add:

MacArthur Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!