Tuesday, August 21, 2007

pass the courvoisier

I really need to go to bed - but instead of staying up working until now, I've stayed up cooking until now. Okay, perhaps I wasn't cooking the whole time - and I didn't start cooking until nine p.m., since I was on the phone w/my parents and grocery shopping before then. But I made boeuf bourguignon for dinner tomorrow night - this means that all I have to do when I get home is reheat the stuff and slice some bread, and perhaps make a salad, so that's pretty exciting. The dish wasn't ridiculously difficult, but it involved waaay too much time spent cutting up beef and bacon. The most exciting part was when I poured in half a cup of cognac into the pot and got to light it on fire - I think I singed the hairs off the back of my right hand because I didn't pull back fast enough, but it was very fun to watch.

Now I'm watching Craig Ferguson while my boeuf bourguignon cools enough so that I can put it in the fridge. Tonight's episode is pretty good - for some reason, I laughed out loud when he was talking about the hotel he stayed in in Glasgow this past weekend, and he said 'he was only a bellboy...but that night, he became a bellman'. Craig is v. good at the lascivious, ridiculous innuendos. He's also very good at dressing up as random people - tonight he put on a blonde wig and a purple skirt and pretended to be J.K. Rowling. He held a fake cat stuffed with money, then bought the White House and laughed evilly for about five minutes. It was awesome!

Okay, that's enough for tonight - I should go to bed so that I don't fall asleep during dinner tomorrow. Goodnight!

2 comments:

f...... said...

boeuf bourguignon? mmm. Sounds delicious! I stay up into the wee hours and never seem to catch Craig's Late Late show. =( Either I need to watch or figure out how to go to bed earlier.

Anonymous said...

thanks for reminding me to put that song in my ipod. i get very excited and try my best to raise the roof when i hear "don't this s*** make a n**** wanna jump jump" out somewhere or in the car. does that ever happen to you? -tammzh