Thursday, August 16, 2007

walk me down your broken line

Craig Ferguson is on a freakin' roll tonight. His monologue, regarding mens' and womens' magazines, was hysterical. His second interlude before the interviews was also great - it involved a lot of flashback scenes with some guy who was playing a flight instructor, and the awesome thing about Craig's flashbacks is that he doesn't tape them in advance, so they just run back and forth and slam wigs on their heads while a 'flashback' swirling graphic shows for a few seconds. Then, his first guest was Doogie Howser (who I suppose has a real name and a real career, and I do like him in 'How I Met Your Mother', but he will always be Doogie Howser to me). Anyway, I can't really recreate how great he is, but this does make me feel slightly better about the fact that I worked until now. Although I must say that he just keeps getting funnier - he just said, 'you don't mind if I put the lights down, do you? 'cause I just find you hideous'. That's not funny at all when I write it, but it was great when he said it. Probably because he has the awesomest accent ever.

Also, since when did Lifehouse come back and produce anything worthy of showing on tv? The last I heard from them, it was 2000 and they had that big hit 'Hanging by a Moment'...which, I admit, I liked, but I was fine with them being a one-hit-wonder. Now they're on Craig, which is weird...and they apparently blew all of their previous profits on hair bleach and trendy tshirts. Don't you wish you were a rockstar?

Today was busy, and tomorrow is going to be worse; part of the reason I'm up so late is because I have to give 10 performance reviews tomorrow, and I needed to spend some quality time tonight writing down what I wanted to say for each person so that they got constructive feedback. Since I managed 20 people last quarter who require reviews from me over the next three business days, on top of everything I usually do, I'm pretty much screwed. Oh, well, I'm still going to make time for friends - I'm having dinner w/Claude tomorrow night, and then a bunch of us are doing karaoke in the city in honor of her departure. I'll just have to sacrifice sleep, which isn't really a new situation. Now, though, I should go to bed!

No comments: