Wednesday, August 29, 2007

what you want, what you lost, what you had, what is gone is over

Wow, I'm exhausted! I had yet another management offsite today - this one was one where we all get together and talk about our feelings in relation to the entire group. It was good, and the dinner afterwards (at a restaurant in Burlingame) was delicious, but I did feel pretty wiped out as a result. I don't think I fully drank the koolaid - probably because most of the comments just reminded me of how much work I have to do.

Anyway, I was at this offsite from 8:30am to 10pm, then I came home and worked for the past two hours to do the stuff on my to-do list that absolutely, unforgivably had to be done in time for tomorrow morning. Now it's only fifteen minutes until Craig comes on, and I'm debating whether to stay up or go to bed - I may actually be tired enough that going to bed makes more sense. How sad is that? But, my to-do list has reached the magical point where I'm using a variety of capital letters as well as several levels of symbols (squares, double squares, and circles - but I haven't gotten to triangles yet) to denote what has to be done right now, what REALLY has to be done right now, and what absolutely must regardless of any other competing needs has to be done immediately. And because my to-do list is so out of control and I want to go on vacation in three days without anything hanging over me, I think I should really spend the next couple of days slogging like I've never slogged before. Bleh. At least it will make sleeping on the plane easy! Now it's time for bed.

1 comment:

f...... said...

Can you access the Late Late Show's website? I think it's been down for at least two weeks. I sent my query to the CBS webmasters this morning... Not fun. But I think all of his monologues make it into the CBS youtube feed.