Friday, August 17, 2007

you might remember that joke from the '80s, but i don't...i was drunk!

The only good thing about working all the time is that if I work too late, I get to see Craig Ferguson. I'm taking Felicia up on her suggestion and am going to tag all future posts that mention him, since I'm so in love. Tonight, he had one of my favorite segments - his impersonation of Sean Connery. This one was 'Sean Connery: Street Magician', in which he went up to a guy and said 'I have a trick to make your arm disappear'. Then he drank a lot of scotch straight from the bottle before ripping the man's arm off. Crude, but incredibly effective, and I actually laughed out loud by myself like the lunatic I am.

Anyway, today was fine - I ended up only doing nine performance reviews, and they all went well. I have three tomorrow, as well as a whole bunch of meetings, and then I have to come home, change, and drive up to the city to do some karaoke'ing w/my friends. Tonight, I had dinner with Claude at Left Bank in Menlo Park, to commemorate the good times we've had there and the fact that she's leaving. The service was amazingly abysmal - they brought me the wrong wine (and they tried to charge me for it even though I'd sent it back), they never brought us any water, they didn't bring me my green beans (although they didn't try to charge me either), and were generally v. slow. However, we had raw oysters, which I adore, and I had french onion soup and a delicious chocolate cake, so I was very happy.

Now, my friends, it is definitely time for bed. I'm looking forward to doing some socializing this weekend, but I'm also excited to spend some time by myself - I need to unwind, write in my journal, buy groceries, sleep, etc. Doesn't that sound lovely? Goodnight!

No comments: