Tuesday, October 09, 2007

i wish i knew another way, but we're gonna have to clone you

Well, my friends, Iowa was fun. I got to see all sorts of family members, eat a lot of hearty Midwestern food (including ham, my favorite), and had the pleasure of topping it off with a seventy-mile drive through a thunderstorm at five a.m. to get back to the airport on Monday. Consequently, I was exhausted last night and missed Adit's birthday party, since I was afraid I would fall asleep while driving to/from the city. Instead, I stayed home, watched a bit of tivo, and slept for over ten hours. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Today, I had meetings most of the day, but I stayed at work for dinner and had some delicious steak and mashed potatoes while reading my email, so that was lovely. Then I came home, watched some tivo while doing some more work, and now I'm going to bed.

Based on this pattern, any six-year-old could guess what I'm going to do tomorrow! However, there's a slight variation to the theme - Terry's going to come over and we're going to watch Tivo together (namely, last week's episode of 'Moonlight', that ridiculous vampire show on CBS). Yes, I know, I have terrible taste.

That's all for now - I leave you with a link to my photo album for some of the pics I took while in Iowa: http://picasaweb.google.com/sarawampler/IowaRiggsReunion. Goodnight!

No comments: