Saturday, October 06, 2007

my crazy angel

I'm so stupid - I really should have gone to bed, but I adore my Tivo, and so I watched all sorts of crap. Granted, it was sans commercials, so it was a more efficient watching of crap than usual. My favorite thing is that I've been tivo'ing various episodes of 'Man vs. Wild' - that guy is insane. He was formerly the British equivalent of a Navy SEAL, and now he does this show for the Discovery Channel in which he thrusts himself into various completely ridiculous wilderness survival experiences. I had the privilege of watching him fill a water bottle with his own urine to use it as a hot water bottle when he was freezing; I also got to watch a rather visceral skinning of a deer that he found dead in the Scottish Highlands. He wrapped himself in the skin directly after skinning it, which seemed to be pretty foul, but I guess that's why he would survive and I would just curl up in a ball and wait for death.

However, I did do various productive things tonight, such as laundry, which means I won't do it later this weekend. That's a good thing - I have tons of work to do, and I have no real faith in my ability to get it all done. That's particularly true since I haven't slept much this week, so I should really sleep now and attempt to regain my stamina. Goodnight!

No comments: