Wednesday, October 03, 2007

secret secret, i've got a secret

I'm Kilroy!

No, that's not true. It is a reference to Styx's epic song 'Mr. Roboto'. I went through a serious Styx-loving phase in high school; while I have since moved on to other things, the vocoder and electronica influences in 'Mr. Roboto' are enough to keep me enthused about it despite (or perhaps because of) its ridiculously campy lyrics and sound.

Today was a pretty good day - I had several 'important' meetings (where importance is measured by the relative seniority of the other people in the meetings, not the topics of discussion), and so I fought the corporateness of my life by wearing pigtails. Laura and Alan complimented my 'sassiness' when we chatted for a few minutes at lunchtime; for those of you not in the know, Alan and Laura are both directors and Alan is my manager, but they are both pretty cool. I'm clearly spoiled - I can't work anywhere else in corporate America, given my tastes in colors and hair styles.

I also had an 'ohmigosh i'm so spoiled' moment tonight when I went to the fridge at work to get a drink and I had a vague sense of regret that they've reformed the snack rooms - while we still get ridiculous quantities of free stuff, including high-end beverages like Smartwater, various teas and vitaminwaters, etc., I was sad when I remembered that I can no longer get the apple-shaped single-serving bottles of Martinelli's apple juice. At least I recognize that I'm spoiled, right?

After work, I came home and made myself some danged quesadillas, which were delicious. I also watched last night's episode of Craig Ferguson. Seriously, Tivo has completely changed my life - I should have gotten it a year ago. Craig's monologue last night was really funny - he spent a lot of time going off about cavemen, and made a ridiculously crude/funny joke about the Lascaux cave paintings in France. Which reminds me - in Monday night's episode, he made some comment about how Budapest is really two separate cities (Buda and Pest) separated by a river (which is true) - but he said it to Juliette Lewis, who thought he was teasing her. I think I love him because he clearly knows a lot of random stuff - that and he has a gorgeous accent and an amazing sense of comedic timing. I also love that when he does flashbacks of himself, even if the 'flashback' is to earlier in the day, he puts on a darker wig. He's so strange!

Okay, I should really go to bed - I have tons to accomplish tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: