Wednesday, October 03, 2007

set an open course for the virgin sea

Sorry that I didn't blog yesterday - this week is shaping up to be truly brutal. I had hoped to go to the evil city to see 'Into the Wild' with Vidius Chandicus (the originator of the daily gratuitous instant message, which I have received both yesterday and today), but I had to work late and go into the office v. early this morning. Today, I worked all day, and then had dinner at Miyake with my friend Kim. She is leaving for India next week on a three-month business trip, and so I let her pick the restaurant - and it was quite amusing. I hadn't been there in years, but even on a Tuesday night, they're still pouring sake bombs for anyone who wants them. Their sake bombs are accompanied by flashing colored lights and overly-loud rap music, although the fog machine was not in use tonight as it was several years ago. Anyway, it was good to see Kim, even though I came home and worked from 9-12.

However, due to the wonders of Tivo, I'm going to go to bed rather than staying up and watching 'Craig Ferguson'. I also watched 'Boston Legal' in the background of my work, but got to skip the commercials. I'm really loving this thing - it's clear that I should have gotten it ages ago. Everyone I mention my Tivo to at work exclaims that it will revolutionize my life, and they ain't kiddin'.

Now, though, I should go to bed - I have meetings almost straight through tomorrow, and I have 144 emails piled up in my inbox that I have no hope of getting through anytime soon. Bleh. For now though, it's time to sleep!

No comments: