Monday, October 15, 2007

wamp wamp - what it do, what it do

There's this rap song called 'Wamp Wamp (What It Do)', where 'wamp' is pronounced so that it rhymes with 'lamp'. Annoying! But my friends seem to love it, and expressed their love for me as well by playing it at brunch on Saturday. Isn't that nice of them?

Speaking of friends, Adit is over again tonight - he has an early meeting tomorrow, and so didn't want to go back up to the city. So I suppose this technically qualifies as 'family time', since he distracted me from working on my romance novel while he ironed his shirt on my couch, made me IM w/Vidya about his plans for the weekend, and ate my cereal. It's nice to see him again though, despite all of that - he makes me laugh even when he's at his most obnoxious, so he's probably good practice for raising a toddler someday.

Today was okay; I had a headache and so stayed home from work, and so got to see the first episode of Drew Carey hosting 'The Price is Right' without even having to tivo it. It was one of those rare perfect episodes where everyone's a winner - I wonder if they threw it for his first 'Price is Right' episode? He was good, but it was strange not to see Bob Barker. I must say, though, that I'm glad they kept the yodeling dude - I love him.

I did some work in the afternoon after my headache had cleared up a bit, and then I worked on my romance novel for awhile. I managed to write 3000 words this evening - if I could maintain that pace, it would only take me twenty days to finish my novel. And those wouldn't be full days either - this was probably around 3-4hrs of work. Clearly I'm missing my calling in life.

Okay, thinking about how I'm missing my calling is making my head hurt - I think it's time for bed!

2 comments:

f...... said...

Maybe we can get Clipse to re-record it for you.

Unknown said...

you thought i wouldn't find out about your blog, but i was looking for you on the internets and lo-and-behold, there was a link that said "looking for sara wampler?"

so i clicked on the link and landed up on your blog. i promptly searched for my name and found several instances of it. my name was generally used in sentences expressing feelings of mildly annoyed bemusement. i'm glad that i fulfill some sort of role in your life. damn you, wamp. what it do?...what it do?