Tuesday, November 27, 2007

hey, wait, i've got a new complaint

You know, over Thanksgiving, I was thinking about all of the things that I have to be grateful for. And instead of writing them down, I played Civilization IV. But I remember thinking, 'I should really stop complaining about work in my blog, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.'

However, the thing about broken records is that they can't really be fixed. The best you can do is frame them and hang them on the wall, or use them to kill zombies like in 'Shaun of the Dead' (interestingly, my high school classmate who lives in London is married to the guy who was killed by a record in 'Shaun of the Dead').

So the point I'm trying to make in my rambling way is that while I have the best of intentions about what I write here, I find it v. hard not to complain about my workload. Particularly on days like today, where I had meetings pretty much straight from 10am to 8:30pm, and then I came home and worked from 9:15 until half past midnight. And especially in anticipation of days like tomorrow, when I have meetings from 9:30 to 6, and then a project that I have to finish tomorrow night that is suspiciously similar to those LSAT logic problems (such as 'Tim can sit next to Mary, but cannot sit next to the person who is less than twice the age of his cat, unless the cat has one white paw'). I also have to do laundry sometime tomorrow night, since I have meetings until 7:30pm on Wednesday, and I have to pack Wednesday night since I'm leaving for Hyderabad on Thursday.

However, so far I haven't really complained about my week - in fact, you could theoretically assume that since I'm masochistic and bring much of this on myself, perhaps I'm actually having a great week! Only time will tell. But, I predict that when I get on the plane Thursday afternoon, put on my noise-cancelling headphones, my neck pillow, and my face mask, and take a few extra-drowsy dramamine, I will be dead to the world. Until then, there is much to do, so I should go to bed. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Answer is: B. Tim must stand.