Monday, December 31, 2007

keep it rocking

I'm back in California, a bit past my expected arrival time due to a fifty-minute delay in Dallas, but at least I wasn't in any danger of having to rent a car and drive someplace. My flight from Dallas to San Francisco was okay, but it was made rather annoying by the kid who 'sat' behind me, and by 'sat' I mean 'stood backwards waving a stick at the overhead light for two hours, knocking into my seat every fifteen seconds'. I fantasized about killing him but decided that I didn't want to go to prison; instead, I seethed to myself while plotting on my romance novel. I also decided that I despised the kid's father, who seemed to feel that because the kid wasn't making much noise (not that I could tell with my amazing noise-cancelling headphones), he wasn't going to bother making him behave. My annoyance was heightened when the kid loudly asked his father upon landing, 'which is newer, Florida or Kansas?', and the dad replied, after some thought, 'Florida'. Unless the father is a geologist and knows something that I don't about the rock strata of Kansas, I can't think of a single category in which Florida is newer than Kansas.

Anyway, enough of that. I should go to bed, since I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

No comments: