Sunday, December 02, 2007

shopping madness

Today marked day two of our fabulous progress through the shops,
bazaars, and malls of Hyderabad. None of the new visitors to the city
wanted to do the tourist stuff, like the museum or Golconda Fort, and
Jenni and I had seen it all before, so we instead dragged them to all
of our favorite stores and restaurants. Today, we had a long brunch at
the Taj Krishna, where Dominic the waiter recognized me on
sight...pretty good since I have only been there twice in the past two
years, although I went every Sunday when I was living here. I still
haven't bought any bedspreads (the store I wanted to go to was closed
today), but I did buy some fabulous anklets. I also bought some
unnecessary bangles off of a kid who followed us around in the side
streets off of Charminar, mainly so that I could give him some money.
I also bought a gold bangle...I can never have too many bracelets, so
my Christmas bracelet wish still stands, but I found a lovely one in a
jewelry shop this afternoon. Then we had coffee, followed by dinner at
Angeethi, my favorite Indian restaurant, so I am quite satisfied.

I would blog more about my thoughts, but I am still on the crackberry.
I will blog tomorrow when I get access to the real internet at the
office. Until then, goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the lovely card (although you seemed to have forgotten my real name - thanks, saraH :P.) hope you are enjoying yourself in india! - tz