Thursday, January 31, 2008

introducing a new format!

Hello friends! I have some exciting changes to announce to the format of my blog. As longtime readers will know, I tend to be incredibly verbose - often writing multiple paragraphs when one sentence (or utter silence) would be preferable. I also tend to make friends with people who have short attention spans.

Therefore, I'm going to start (or try, we'll see how long this lasts) posting a picture/image every day relevant to what I'm doing/thinking, with a brief caption. Then, I may still go off on my ridiculous tangents - but you're free to just do the Blogger Lite version rather than delving into the minutiae that I like to record. How does that sound?

So let's kick this off: today I'm actually posting two images.




















Image 1: Map of Cingular/Blackberry coverage in Iowa - my house is the dot in the middle; the lightest cream color indicates no service.






















Image 2: Cingular/Blackberry roaming coverage in Ukraine. Note that coverage is available everywhere.

How sad is it that my phone won't work in my house in Iowa, but will work in Ukraine! Where is the sense in that?!

-------------------------
Okay, as for the rest of my day, it was generally positive. I had meetings from 9am to 7:30pm, and then had dinner with Laura. I also had a final review/1:1 with my manager today - it was v. sad, since I like working with him, but I felt that I got some great advice, and I have a lot to think about while I'm on leave. However, I don't intend to think about any of it for a few months - I need to focus on finishing the book first!

No more for now; my battery is about to die, and I want to go to bed. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't get carried away with pictures--I almost flunked kindergarten because I couldn't "read" picture stories! And I still have trouble with directions that are only in picture form. I NEED WORDS! Have fun at your last day of scheduled work tomorrow. We're excited you're coming to the remote areas of Iowa in just a few short weeks!

Anonymous said...

The kids are also excited. Sammi wants to do lunch since she can drive without me.

Guess since you wontm have service in Iowa you wont be getting calls or you will have to get a new phone.lol