Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the restless heart, the promised land

I'm v. sad that Heath Ledger died. I was sitting in a meeting this afternoon, and decided that I was bored, so by habit went to my favorite gossip blog. The top story was about how Heath Ledger had been found dead in his apartment. Sadness! He was one of my favorite actors - I loved him in 'Ten Things I Hate About You', and saw 'A Knight's Tale', 'The Patriot', 'The Order', and 'Casanova' just because he was in them. It's really too bad - he could have had a fabulous career, and instead he's dead, while there are scores of other celebrities who party much harder and lead much more dangerous lives and make movies with much less artistic merit (granted, 'The Order' was my pick for worst movie ever, but at least he was still hot in it).

I spent most of today in meetings - you would think that the meetings would be slowing down, but I had meetings straight from 11:30-6 today, and also had meetings from 8-10 and 10:30-11. Ugh. Tomorrow doesn't look that much better - and while I should be documenting things right now, I think I'm going to go to bed instead so that I'm not late for my 8am meeting tomorrow. Actually, going to bed now won't guarantee that I make it on time, but it will at least make me more rested even if I am late.

Countdown to unemployment: 8 days! Too bad the economy is out of control - my favorite stock's price has dropped over $150 since I asked for leave. Damn. Oh, well, I can always come back in August if this novelist thing doesn't work out!

No comments: