Saturday, March 22, 2008

there are no cinderellas

Stanford won, Duke lost, and my parents celebrated twenty-eight years of wedded bliss (and 26.5 years of making inappropriate innuendos that, for the past fifteen years or so, have completely grossed me out). All in all, it was a great day!

When I woke up this morning, my sister and her family were here, but I only saw them for ~30mins. I spent the rest of the afternoon playing on the internet (boo) and watching basketball (yay). My parents and I had dinner in town at the tavern in the back of the American Legion hall - it was the perfect (?) place to go, since it was where they had their wedding reception. There were ~20 people in there tonight, and my parents knew all of them - one of the couples was even at their reception way back in the day. In California, it would be rare to run into someone I knew while out for dinner; here, it's rare to run into someone you don't know. But, not as rare as the steak I had - it was barely warm, and was that purple-red color that indicates you could have gotten the same level of doneness by cutting into a live cow on a really warm summer day. Mmm.

Now, I should really go to bed - we have to go to my uncle's for Easter dinner tomorrow, which means I need to get up around eight. Goodnight!

1 comment:

f...... said...

Craig is coming to Des Moines!

Saturday, April 19, 2008: 8:00pm
Hoyt Sherman Theater
1501 Woodland Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 243-1888
http://www.hoytsherman.org/