Tuesday, April 01, 2008

early morning procrastination

Today is April Fool's Day, and also Ritu's birthday, which is remarkably fitting. Happy birthday, Ritu!

Also, the jhoke is on me, since I'm up earlier than I've been in weeks -- I spent last night with Aunt Becky so that I could drop her off and pick her up from an appointment this morning. Aunt Becky likes to pretend that she has one foot in the grave, but she also likes to act like a teenager, so hanging out with her is always fun. We watched 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'The Bachelor' -- I normally don't see those shows because they're on ABC and my parents are a CBS household, but they were pretty good. I also tested the efficacy of my potent allergy drug cocktail, and am pleased to report that it held up against my aunt's two Persian cats. Even though Singulair supposedly causes suicidal tendencies, I would have been more likely to stab myself in the face last night if my allergies had attacked, so I'm going to keep taking it.

I watched Craig Ferguson last night, and it was a fantastic episode. He had a sketch of him playing Larry King, and one of his extra guys playing Craig Ferguson -- those types of sketches are becoming my favorites, because when someone else is pretending to be Craig, the real Craig can barely keep it together while he watches the fake Craig do all sorts of heinous and disgusting things.

Also, for the 99.9% of you who don't watch Craig, you missed out on Sir Richard Branson announcing the Google/Virgin joint-venture 'Virgle', intended to establish a human colony on Mars. It was quite a funny interview, and while I knew it was fake, I was still sad that it wasn't real -- I mean, how awesome would it be to colonize Mars? I have to admit that space colonization is one of those childhood dreams that I've never quite overgrown. The urge to explore 'new' places is why I went to India and Ireland (even though they've been copiously explored by other people), and that urge is starting to rage in my blood again. What I'm going to do about it, I don't know, but I need to channel it into finishing my novel before I think about anything else.

Okay, speaking of novel, that's what I should be doing right now. Aunt B and I are supposed to go shopping after I pick her up; since she has excellent taste (and by 'excellent' I mean 'similar to mine'), it should be fun. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks sara! :) it's fitting you napped in a parking lot on my bday... just what i was doing as well. well in a cubicle.
i can't wait till june so i can see you again!! enjoy your iowa spring & maybe we can actually make that roadtrip out west happen... i have the week off now! but i don't know about the roadtrip back. tricky.
much lowe to you,
ritu