Thursday, April 10, 2008

look, ma, no cavities!

Today I went to Centerville with my mother for a dentist appointment -- no, I don't need my mommy to take me to the dentist, but we had consecutive appointments. I'm proud to report that I have no cavities for the twelfth straight year. That's pretty amazing, considering that I drink so much sugared tea and diet coke, but I won't question it. I also saw my sister briefly, since she met us at the dentist's to pick up some stuff (Aunt B - Jackie says thank you). Then, my parents and I had lunch at the Pizza Ranch, which is strangely more renowned for its fried chicken, before coming home.

The rest of today was quite exciting -- we've had 'severe weather', which means thunderstorms and a slight amount of hail. There was also a tornado near Centerville, right where we had driven through only three hours previously -- when I drove through, there was dense fog, but it cleared up just in time for a tornado. Yay. If my grandfather was here, he would have taken us out to chase the tornado, like when he took me tornado chasing when I was three and he was babysitting me. On that evening, my parents got to the restaurant where they intended to have dinner and found that a tornado had destroyed it. Nothing quite that exciting happened today, alas.

The thunderstorm made me feel quite wild and reminded me to live life to the fullest since it might end at any time -- so I staged a coup and watched NBC in the kitchen. Shocking, right? I watched the new episodes of '30 Rock', 'The Office', and 'Scrubs', all of which made me v. happy. I may get exiled by my CBS-loving parents, but I only intend to rebel occasionally, so hopefully they'll forgive me.

Also, I forgot to report that yesterday, I saw brown people! Specifically, two elderly Indians, with Indian accents that made me homesick for Hyderabad. Given how cold and miserable it was yesterday, they were probably more homesick for India than I was, but I didn't ask them.

No comments: