Monday, April 14, 2008

sandstorm

This weekend was not even worth mentioning from a productivity standpoint, since there was no productivity. I did backup my entire hard drive, which is something that I've needed to do for quite some time.

Today, however, was not so bad. Granted, I wasted the daylight hours. But I wrote briefly around six p.m., before talking to Katie (who may or may not look like a chola with Sharpie eyebrows, depending on how her experiment with threading went tonight). Then I had dinner with my parents -- my dad again grilled two types of meat (beef steak and pork steak), and my mom made baked potatoes and green bean casserole. Yay midwest!

After that delicious dinner, I actually forced myself to sit down and work on the book, and I managed to write 3715 words before stopping to watch Craig at 11:30pm. That's 400 words above my current daily goal -- the daily goal had been 1500, but now I want to finish the book by April 23, which is nine days away, so I'll have to write 3325 words/day to finish.

It turns out that listening to trance music while writing is awesome. I'm using Pandora's auto-generated trance station, and it spits out a nice mixture of Tiesto, Darude, Paul Van Dyk, ATB, and some other random DJs/musicians. If I have one unfulfilled dream in life, it is that I secretly wish I had spent my youth as one of those skinny little trance kids with crazy hair dropping ecstasy and dancing until dawn. I had a brief brush with that lifestyle at the Love Parade in Berlin in 2002 -- although instead of dropping ecstasy, I was drinking some awful, unthinkably-warm German rum that John had smuggled into the club via a baggie in his pants, so my transition to raver kid was not meant to be.

I shall leave you with something I photoshopped today. I call it 'chandrian' -- a cross between Vidius Chandicus and a Mondrian painting. I decided that 'Chandrian' is a good nickname for our friend Vidya, and since people in that group switch nicknames as often as most people switch their socks, I'm hopeful that I can use it for at least three days. Goodnight!

1 comment:

f...... said...

My boss bought me a cd from http://www.lcdsoundsystem.com/ for our secret santa. I finally cracked it open. i'll share it on imeem...