Wednesday, June 04, 2008

every mii and every you

It's amazing that I actually wrote ~1000 words of my novel this afternoon, considering that my Wii arrived yesterday and my brother convinced me to set it up today. It's quite spiffy -- we played a lot of Wii Sports (bowling, tennis, and golf in particular, although my brother got hooked on boxing after I stopped playing with him). I also got Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Mario Olympics (yay), but we haven't played any of them yet.

My dad came down and played with us a couple of times during the day; he wasn't too bad at golf, and seemed to enjoy bowling, so hopefully he'll play again. Michael and I made our own customized Miis, and I made one each for Mom and Dad. I'm quite enamored with my Mii -- it's interesting to see how people interact and identify with their online/in-game avatars. Too bad my avatar isn't any better at balance and throwing than I am :(

I wrote for awhile in the afternoon, and then we all had pizza for supper (from Casey's, home of the world's best convenience store pizza kitchen). After supper, I finally got around to setting up my Wii Fit board. I'm looking forward to playing it a lot; while my brother and I laughed so hard at my first attempts to shift around and do soccer ball headers that I almost started crying, the games are a lot of fun. And even if it doesn't make me any more fit, it would be a good thing to get better at balancing, since I would like to wear high heels without worrying about breaking my ankle. Then again, achieving the lofty height of 5'3" isn't worth breaking an ankle, but I love shoes (appearances and my multiple ratty sneakers to the contrary), so we'll see what happens.

After I finished playing, I watched Craig for the first time since I left for London over a month ago. He was in fine form tonight, and his guests were quite entertaining, so it was nice to see him again -- it was like the warm presence of an old friend, only more creepy since I don't know him and shouldn't be saying things like that about him. Now, it's definitely time for bed; I need to write a lot tomorrow. Luckily, the writing sort of seems to be getting easier; I'm getting very close to the end and I have a clear plan for what needs to happen between now and then, so there's none of the awful stumbling around in the dark that I was suffering through in previous segments. Goodnight!

No comments: