Monday, July 28, 2008

the feds don't know so they stick they noses, while we off the coasts proposin toast-es

As much as I hate the fact that there's a song called 'Wamp Wamp (What It Do)', in which 'Wamp' is pronounced to rhyme with 'tramp', the song is really catchy -- to the point that I actually listen to it by myself, voluntarily. Yay.

Today was a pretty good day for me, at least, although according to my brother there was a massive storm at home, which (among other things) knocked out the power and prevented me from being able to reach my parents for my usual Sunday afternoon call. I made it into the evil city a little after eleven am -- I was an invited guest to 'Sunday ritual', which is basically brunch with Katrina, Adit, and Vidya. I'm intent on taking Vidya's social life as well as her apartment, so this was a key first step for me. We met at Adit's and then walked a few blocks to a grocery store that sells delicious premade sandwiches, which we ate in a park until we realized it was too cold, so we finished at Adit's apartment. My chicken and avocado sandwich was nice, but Adit convinced me to get the dessert sandwich, which was even better -- cinnamon swirl bread w/peanut butter and strawberries. Mmm.

After hanging out with the kids for awhile, I drove down to Palo Alto to run a couple of errands. On the way back from Palo Alto, a bottle of Windex that I'd purchased leaked in my car, filling it with ammonia fumes, so I'm going to have to drive with the windows down for awhile -- but I'm hopeful that it won't be as catastrophic as the watermelon incident in my previous car. Once I got to Berkeley, I did some laundry, packed up some of my stuff, and played online before getting an invite from Vidya to come over to her apartment and spend the night. So on the night before I'm moving into this apartment, I'm sleeping here; but tomorrow, if Chandlord's here, she'll technically be staying with me!

I should go to sleep soon, since I have to meet the movers in San Jose relatively early tomorrow to get my stuff out of storage. I can't wait! And then it's only a week before I go back to work, which is hard to believe. Goodnight!

No comments: