Monday, August 18, 2008

athens was apparently "the waterloo of chinese gymnastics"

I love the over-the-top comparisons used by commentators; but do you think Tim Daggett referred to the battle of Waterloo because he's a fan of history, or because he's a fan of ABBA?

I don't think I'm going to make it through tonight's coverage; it's been a long week and a half since they started, and the advent of Tivo makes it easier to go to bed when you know that you can catch up later. I'll be sacrificing seeing the women's uneven bars and the men's vault tonight, which means I may find out the results tomorrow, but I care more about Shawn Johnson's attempt at the beam, so it makes sense to go to bed tonight and stay up tomorrow. I also have an 8:30 meeting in which I have to present to a bunch of directors whom I haven't presented to in six months, so it would be nice to be awake for that.

Despite the exhaustion, today was great. My meetings were productive, I had lunch with Dan, and I ended up on the same shuttle as Alaska Matt, which was quite entertaining. Now, though, I'm going to get ready for bed!

No comments: