Monday, August 11, 2008

detroit rock city

I am in the San Francisco airport, awaiting my flight to Detroit for
my three-day meeting in Ann Arbor. Today was an excellent day...Tammy
and I hung out all day, walking down to Union Square, where we had an
adventure by setting a timer and picking the first food establishment
we saw after the timer went off. The ambience' what with homeless
people showing up to eat the leftovers as soon as other diners
finished, left something to be desired, but it was fine nonetheless.
Then we went shopping, and Tammy encouraged me to get a pair of
versace sunglasses, which are awesome because they are so unnecessary.

We ordered takeout sushi and spent the evening watching womens
gymnastics. The US team was pretty rough, but easily qualified for the
finals, and Iowa's sweetheart Shawn Johnson was incredible. Sadly, I
had to leave just as swimming was coming on...having to travel and do
business things during the Olympics is doing bad things to my
willingness to lead a 'productive' life. But the trip should be good,
and I'll be back Wednesday, which gives me several more days with
Tammy.

I should go. But one last thing...happy birthday to Katie!! Yay!

No comments: