Tuesday, August 26, 2008

millions of peaches, peaches for me

I ate a peach today, and it was delicious! I never really think of them in the pantheon of available fruits, but I was looking for something to eat while I was sitting around waiting to see if I would react to and die from the allergy shot I got this morning (verdict: no reaction, no death, try again on Thursday), and I found peaches in the microkitchen. Mmm.

The rest of my day at work was fine; I had a lot of meetings today, and I have meetings tomorrow straight from 8:30am to 4pm, so that's not going to be fun. I got on the shuttle home at 5:30 with the intention of working for another hour, but of course the wireless on the bus wasn't working on the one day that I needed it to work, and the IT people didn't give me the necessary software for my satellite wireless card when I got my new laptop, so I was connectionless. This turned out to be fine, since I worked on my book half the way home, then tried not to throw up from nauseousness on the other half of the ride.

When I got home, I made some truly excellent quesadillas with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Then I spent two more hours working on the book -- I edited about fifty pages tonight, which was great progress. Now I should really go to bed so that I can get up tomorow and do it all over again. But the good news is that tomorrow's Wednesday, which means we're only halfway to a three-day-weekend! Yay!!! And I can spend the weekend working on the book to my heart's content.

No comments: