Thursday, September 25, 2008

don't want to go by the devil

This is a four-minute post. Today was excellent, but I don't have the energy to bake cookies tonight like I was supposed to, so I'm going to go to bed now, get up tomorrow morning, and bake before work.

Work started at 8am, bleh, but progressed quickly. I got three allergy shots and a vaccination, and since I leave the bandages on to keep myself from itching the points of injection and worsening the reactions, I looked like the walking wounded all day. But, I got done with the shots early, which got me back to my favorite cafe in time to order a custom sandwich before the noon rush, which was great. And, I was moderately productive this afternoon, to the point that I might be able to get through the rest of the major stuff tomorrow and not have to do anything work related this weekend. We'll see how that goes...

After work, I had dinner with Terry, which was v. entertaining, although now I'm absolutely stuffed full of enchilada. Then I went to the grocery store to get stuff for baking, but by the time I got home, it was nine p.m. I love living in the city, but there were certainly advantages to living ten minutes from work.

Finally, my new iPod (and the newest version of iTunes) has this 'genius' feature, v. similar to Pandora, that enables you to choose a song and then build an automated playlist based on iTunes identifying similar songs that are in your library. I tried this on the drive home last night, and I have to say that the genius feature just reminds me how awful my taste in music is -- it's one thing when I'm listening to something bad because it's stuck in my head, but that means that over time, my iTunes library has become a monument to bad taste. How sad!

Four minutes are up, it's bedtime!

No comments: