Monday, October 06, 2008

i want the stupid girl who gives me all those dirty looks

This is a four-minute post. It was much longer, but I just wrote several paragraphs that I ended up moving to the writing blog, so I need to wrap up the blogging and go to bed. I tried out the super-early-morning commute again today, and it was amazing; getting up at 5:45 is not amazing (well, it's an amazing accomplishment, but it's not an amazing sensation), but the fact that the commute takes 45 minutes is pretty freaking awesome. And, between the two hours of work I was able to do before my first meeting, and the several hours of miraculously non-meeting-based time on my calendar, I was able to get through a ton of stuff that was niggling at the back of my mind, so I feel much better about my work load. Whether I'll continue the early commute remains to be seen, but so far I'm planning to do it again tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

When I got home, I reheated some potato and leek soup (even better the second day, of course) and ate it while drinking half a glass of white wine (I bought these mini-bottles of Barefoot chardonnay, which is awesome, since I don't like wasting bottles of wine but occasionally like to have a glass with dinner). Then, I spent two hours brainstorming the storyline for my second book, which I'm super excited about. You can read about it in the post on my writing blog. If I can keep up the "work during the day, write/read/brainstorm at night" lifestyle, I'll be happy camper.

Four minutes are up, goodnight!

No comments: