Wednesday, October 15, 2008

pontius pilate? he doesn't sound very honest

This is a four-minute post. Today was an okay day at work; it started off with a politically-charged breakfast with Sarah, who wanted to hear my views in a 1:1 setting rather than in a group (since groups are always dangerous), and then went downhill, since I had to get allergy shots and then had some annoying meetings. But, it rebounded briefly during lunch at my favorite cafe with Gyre, before declining again through more meetings. Actually, the meetings themselves weren't that bad, but most of the issues I had to deal with today were total headaches, and I'm trying to get out of the headache business.

My commute this morning was bad and I couldn't stand the idea of driving back to the city, so I left my car at work and took the shuttle home. This was pretty productive, although I had to pause a couple of times to avoid getting carsick, but I left the office at 5:15 and was home a little before seven. Clearly the shuttle takes longer, but there's efficiency to be gained by not stressing about the drive and doing some emails on the bus.

I had eaten supper and was just settling in to work on zee romance novel when Doug texted me -- he's in town w/three Danish/Macedonian friends, and they were having dinner with Shedletsky, Joanna, and Brendan. I joined them and had a glass of wine (since I had to taxi over because my car was still in Mountain View), and we had a great time, followed by some fun times playing 'Apples to Apples' at Shedletsky and Joanna's place. Then Shedletsky was nice enough to give me a ride home, and I have to get up in 6.5 hours to get ready and then catch the shuttle back to work. But I'm glad I went out tonight; it took my mind off my headaches, and Doug and the gang are always fun. Hopefully I'll see them again later this week.

Four minutes are up, bedtime!

No comments: