Friday, October 17, 2008

what you need boy? i need a hot girl

This is a four-minute post. My ipod continues to amaze and delight; the weirdest combo put forth by the shuffle mode was BG's 'Hot Girls' followed by Elton John's 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight?'. 'Hot Girls' is a rap song, heavy on references to hoodrat bitches. The also extol the virtues of a girl who will take the fall for you if the cops show up, and spend the rest of her time spending your grands and giving you head. Ironically, even though 'Hot Girls' is about as misogynistic as it gets, I listened to the whole thing, but then skipped the Elton John song after fifteen seconds.

I'm totally brain-dead by Friday afternoon, and today was no exception. I was a little cranky at work all week, and I'm hoping that some relaxation this weekend will take the edge off. Nothing bad happened, I just felt antsy because I'm not making as much progress with the book as I want to. I ended up skipping dinner with Doug and Shedletsky tonight because I was so exhausted that the idea of driving to the city was daunting enough, without having to take a break in the middle for some Indian food. I wanted to work on the book tonight, but other than unloading my dishwasher and doing a load of laundry, I did nothing else productive. I'll save the book for the weekend, although I have some other fun plans with John and Adit tomorrow afternoon that will force me to take a break from the writing.

Four minutes are up, goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this posting should have been labeled "family time", even though we did not actually spend any time together.