Monday, November 17, 2008

bluegrass -- like country music, with more soul and less teeth

I'm watching Craig; he's still v. funny, but I'm not feeling his new hairstyle. He needs to go back to boyishly tousled, or dying it, or whatever he used to do before he became an American citizen.

I've grown increasingly despondent about Mondays; I really didn't want to go to work today, and my feelings were justified given the generally overwhelming number of meetings that I have this week, in addition to feeling that I was super behind since I hadn't read email since Thursday. However, things got better in the afternoon; we had a team offsite at Laser Quest, the laser tag place down the street from our office.

I've never played laser tag before, and while I was bad at it, I wasn't as bad as I am at shoot-em-up videogames (like my disastrous attempt to play Halo, where the person I was playing against got so bored that he decided to only kill me by hitting me over the head with the butt of his revolver, which is usually impossible, but was quite easy for him). So, it was quite fun. Then, I played a couple of rounds of Dance Dance Revolution in the arcade outside the playing field, and I think my general skills at DDR shocked everyone who saw me play; while I'm by no means an expert, and don't even consider myself to be very good, I was able to hit a harder difficulty level and do a couple of songs that were impressively full of jumps, so that was quite entertaining.

The string of happiness continued when I left; I expected traffic to be a nightmare at 5:30, but I miraculously made it home in less than an hour. I took a shower, ate a delicious frozen mushroom and olive pizza, and did some work until now. I'm much more caught up than I was, and while I may not get totally caught up this week anyway, I guess I'm ready for tomorrow. But since tomorrow starts with a 7:30am meeting, I should really go to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: