Wednesday, November 19, 2008

he took her out to high class places...he made a promise in the dark

I am IN LOVE with Simon Baker from "The Mentalist." I was in need of some non-work time this evening, and that included a break from the book, so I watched two episodes of "The Mentalist" while painting my fingernails a nice sparkly red (OPI's "Don't Toy With Me" from their Christmas collection). I totally adore him, and his cheeky little grin, and his three-piece suits (who still wears a vest?), even though I'm usually totally averse to blondes. I probably adore him even more because he's all about the powers of observation, which is v. nice. I will say that I also figured out who the killer was in every episode I've seen so far, but it wasn't because of the reasons that Simon Baker's character had -- it was because the camera lingered on them early on before they were suspects, so perhaps they should rework their indicators. But, I like the show a lot, and it's a good break from my otherwise-ridiculous life.

I'm in a better mood today than I was yesterday, even though nothing really changed -- I'm just calmer. I had meetings all day and the first two hours sucked, but things picked up after that, with a particular bright spot when I ran into Gyre when I was grabbing dessert (homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream) and spent a few minutes gossiping with him, and another bright spot at five when Terry scheduled me for a meeting to break me out of the possibility of another meeting and give me a chance to vent. So I left work feeling much better, and came home and decided that nothing on my achingly-long to-do list was more important than lusting after Simon Baker.

I suppose I should go to bed so that I can get up in time to look presentable for my eight a.m. meeting. Bleh. But tomorrow night is margaritas with my managers, and Friday I get to work out of SF, and then it's the weekend! And next week is a short week, so I just need to make it through five more work days before I get a substantive break. I think I can, I think I can...

Lastly, happy birthday Daddy!

No comments: