Saturday, November 22, 2008

i'll stay alive just to follow you home

I had an excellent day! I decided, based on the cafe that Adit, Katrina and I went to a couple of weeks ago, that the Pac Heights area to my east/north deserved some more exploring. So, I walked over to Fillmore, and then up toward Sacramento. I intended to go to the Peet's Coffee at Fillmore and Sacramento, but stopped a block early at a different cafe. This was good and bad -- the problem with more family-style cafes is that the wait staff's family is there, which means bored, annoying children. And, they were doing construction on the street outside, so it was loud even without the kids. And, two very grumpy old men sat next to me and proceeded to discuss unions with a stance that makes me shudder -- but despite all that, I still enjoyed myself, and was awesomely productive. I finished line-editing my final draft AND input all the changes into my laptop! There are two scenes that I want to rework a little bit because the points-of-view change too abruptly, but that should only take a couple of hours. And then I'm done done done. Hopefully I'll accomplish that tomorrow!

After leaving the cafe, I stopped at Whole Foods to pick up some groceries, and then came home and baked chocolate chip chewies while taking care of stuff around the apartment. If I didn't know what goes into them, I would think that the secret ingredient was liquid crack -- those cookies are insanely addictive. I don't make them now that I'm living by myself because I could easily eat an entire pan, but Terry requested that I make them for her dinner party tonight, and I was more than happy to oblige.

I went to Terry's around six p.m. -- she was having a v. belated birthday celebration (obviously belated, since her birthday is three days after mine), and since we share some friends in common, it was quite nice. I caught up a little with Lauren (aka Subz), hung out with Lisa (in town from LA for Big Game, which was kind of a waste since we got trounced), and continued to develop my budding friendship with Natasha (we may try to have brunch together, which is a key step in the friendship-development phase). I was supposed to go to the movies with them after dinner, but I'm rather tired and wasn't sure I could make it back to the city -- and, true to my hermitish ways, I want to make sure I can get up early enough tomorrow to be productive. Sigh. When the book is finished and submitted to agents, I think I'll take a break through the rest of the holidays (even though I have a fantastic idea for the next book and want to start it...)

Okay, that's all, goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you are going to mention my name in a post, it must be labeled "family time", otherwise i am going to throw a fit.

the word verification word below is "neoconn." i thought you would appreciate that.