Tuesday, November 18, 2008

that's not a secret agent - that's a roided-up cabana boy

I'm watching an episode of Craig Ferguson right now from last week, and I was sad when he said "It's a great day for America everyone -- it's Friday!" I *wish* it was Friday! Sadly, it's only Tuesday, and I shall have to persevere.

My horoscope for today says: "It still may be hard to explain yourself clearly as you are not finished dealing with the challenges presented by your friends or family. You may be quite hopeful today about your future, even if the concrete information you have doesn't paint a pretty picture. All is not lost now because your desire for change may be sufficient to get the ball rolling in the right direction."

I am definitely feeling a desire for change, and I need to remind myself that I don't actually *want* change. I had a lovely hour with Alaska Matt this afternoon (for a meeting entitled "Summit on the Dangers of Feeding Corn to Salmon", since we like to pretend that our get-togethers are summit-level interstate trading discussions); he's leaving for Japan on Thursday, and that made me really want to move overseas again.

Then again, part of it is because I went to a meeting this morning (at 7:30am) for a project that I was on a year ago, and it felt like exactly the same meeting as the one I sat in last year at this time. That's always fun. And I was at the office until 7:30pm, which was way too late. But, I took a quick break around 5:30 (after the Alaska/Iowa summit) to drop off some pants at a tailor in Mountain View, and I picked up an earl grey milk tea on the way back to the office. I may adore Iowa, and I may prefer casseroles, steaks, and various potato dishes over just about anything else, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for Taiwanese pearl milk tea (sans the tapioca balls).

Sorry this is so boring; I basically had a bad day and am annoyed by just about everything, but none of it is stuff I can blog about, nor is any of it important or interesting, so I think I'll go to bed and just hope that I'm in a better mood tomorrow. Now I'm going to focus on watching Craig show us how he would make out with the camera -- goodnight!

No comments: