Thursday, December 18, 2008

the best care in the air

Midwest Airlines' motto is "The Best Care in the Air" - but they apparently have the worst care on the ground. As evidence, the check-in counter in San Francisco contains only two gate positions, which meant I had to wait in line almost an hour to check my luggage even though I'd checked into my flight and printed my boarding pass yesterday.

But, this is likely just the tip of the iceberg (for reals): my horoscope for today says:

"You may feel like a billiard ball today as you careen off one experience only to hit another. Your day won't likely unfold according to your plan or anyone else's. Instead, you must keep changing your agenda to accommodate the shifting circumstances. Letting go of concrete expectations can turn a difficult day into an exciting one that is filled with surprise."

It could be an adventure; apparently my father has already rented a generator for our house in case we end up without power like they did during last year's ice storm. So we'll have to see if they can make it to Kansas City to pick me up when there may be three-quarters of an inch of ice on the roads. Yay. Wish me luck!

No comments: