Monday, December 01, 2008

greensleeves

My sleeves today are actually white - the sleeves on my awesome sweater would be three-quarter-length sleeves on a normal girl but are more like seven-eighths sleeves on me -- but I'm listening to Christmas music on Pandora. To be specific, I'm listening to instrumental Christmas music in the style of Mannheim Steamroller. I may have gone off the deep end; I'm clearly only a year or two away from being found dead and eaten by my horde of cats.

Today was quite good, despite my lack of desire to go back to work. However, because I was behind before I even left for Thanksgiving, and then boycotted email, calendar, tasklists, etc., I was even more behind today. So, when I got home at 7:30, I took a break to eat and then worked straight until now. But my to-do list is much shorter, and while my email inbox is still full, there is hope.

In general things are just peachy, even if I have to get three allergy shots and a blood test tomorrow. I can feel my unconsciousness simmering with ideas for the next couple of romance novels, and I'm eager to start researching them, learning more about the characters, and figuring out how their stories will take shape. And, thinking about my next book takes my mind off the current book and its naked, vulnerable sojourns out to strange agents who will likely never love it as much as I do. It also takes my mind off the fact that I paid $60 for second-day air FedEx delivery on my Golden Heart entry last Tuesday, and FedEx's system has shown it as 'out for delivery' in Houston since Wednesday. I called FedEx today and they said they'd put a trace on it to try to locate it, and assured me that I would get my money back if it's not delivered by tomorrow -- but money is little consolation, although if the entry doesn't get there I can always tell myself that I would have one. Ah, there's nothing I like better than delusions of grandeur.

Okay, that's all for now -- goodnight!

No comments: