Tuesday, December 09, 2008

hey hey hey goodbye

You don't get any content tonight because I was at work by 8am this morning, left at 6:30, made dinner, and then worked until about fifteen minutes ago. I can't label this post 'recovering workaholic' because I have relapsed - I fell off the wagon headfirst into a big pile of work, mostly of the glass-shard-filled, tetanus-inducing variety. This is mostly because my formerly shiny project that I was so excited about a couple of months ago has turned out to be a tarnished trainwreck that must be done by Wednesday morning, in addition to a quarterly director update on Thursday, my manager's quarterly visit this week, another major project whose first phase culminates next week, and my departure for Iowa next Thursday. So don't expect anything too grand on ye olde blog for the next few days, since I need to get through all of this so that I can go home with a clear conscience, a happy heart, enough presents to satisfy my relatives, and enough breathing room to start brainstorming the next book in earnest.

I'd like to get 5.5 hours of sleep tonight, and since I have to be in the office for a seven a.m. meeting, that means going to bed right now. Goodnight!

No comments: