Thursday, December 11, 2008

information travels faster in the modern age

I'm thoroughly exhausted and going to bed almost immediately. Despite that, today was good; nothing too eventful happened, but given how must I worked and how little I slept (as evidenced by the fact that I just typed 'sleeped') early this week, I still felt like taking a nap by 2pm. However, I persevered, and while both my work and personal inboxes are out of control, I decided to push it all until tomorrow.

The reason is because I have a bright, shiny new toy in the form of an iPhone. Only a week ago I had mentioned to Terry that I wasn't sure I wanted an iPhone anymore. But then my beloved crackberry's back cover jammed, and since the internet dies on it occasionally and can only be reset by popping the cover and moving the battery, this was catastrophic. After looking at phone and not really liking any of the normal ones, I decided to go with the iPhone.

So far I'm in love, and I have a snazzy pink silicone cover for it that amuses me. I can't text message quite as effectively because there is no physical keyboard, so I may have to stop being a road warrior and emailing while sitting in stop-and-go traffic, but other than that I really like it.

No more, though, it's definitely time for bed - I have to get some substantial stuff done tomorrow, but then I intend to leave early so that I can get home in time to pretty myself up for the holiday party tomorrow night. Yay! Since I have to send a "don't be 'that guy'" email to my 50-person team tomorrow, I can't get too rowdy at the party, but it should be fun nonetheless.

No comments: