Wednesday, December 24, 2008

this river is wild

I should really go to bed; even though the youngest person in the house is twenty-three years old, we still have to get up early on Christmas morning to discover what Santa has brought for us. While my parents have stopped hiding Easter eggs and waking us up to make us find them (likely only because we usually aren't home at Easter -- and Aunt Becky did it this year), we still have to get up early to open packages. Even though I threatened to break off my brother's fingers if he knocks on my door (did you know I'm not a morning person?), I should set my alarm so that I can put my contacts in and brush my teeth before participating in our Christmas festivities.

We already had Christmas festivities again today; Christmas Eve afternoon is the usual time for us to celebrate Christmas with my sister and her kids. They came over for a late lunch (ham, baked beans, and scalloped potatoes -- mmm), and then we opened packages. It's nice to still have some kids in the family, although these particular kids are getting too old for toys. They aren't too old to be subjected to books, though, which is my favorite gift to give -- even if it isn't their favorite gift to receive, since Zane expressed gratitude that Michael shopped for him, which resulted in Zane receiving tools rather than books. Whatever, I'm just trying to do whatever I can to help the publishing industry survive long enough to publish me!

Speaking of publishing, I wrote a post on zee romance blog about ebook readers; three days in a row of romance blog posting is a good thing! But now, it's time for bed. Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: