Tuesday, December 23, 2008

you know your team is morally bankrupt when sara is the nice cop

The title of the post is a quote from my brother; it is a readily-acknowledged fact in my family that I am coldhearted and ruthless, although I don't really know where they got that from. In this case Michael was referring to me and my father's power combo in this evening's canasta festivities; while the game that we carried over and finished from last night was really close, my dad and I smoked my mom and brother in the second game. Hopefully we'll play again and my mom/brother will have some better luck with their cards -- winning is fun, but it's substantially more fun when it's at least a little bit difficult to do so.

The only real story of interest from today is so disgustingly foul that I can't share it here for fear of alienating my sheltered city readership. Suffice it to say that it relates to my grandmother's bathroom and the lengths my father had to go to in order to repair it. But, Gram is home and in possession of a working toilet, my family is current on their hepatitis shots and so should be safe, and we shall never speak of this again.

I intended to go outside today, but was warned against it by my dad -- he said that I wouldn't make it more than ten feet, given that everything is a solid sheet of ice. I wanted to race my brother to see which of us could get farther before falling, but he has ice cleats and so had too much of an unfair advantage. We're supposed to get another 3-5" of snow tonight -- but the temperature made it up to eight degrees today! Lovely!

Okay, no more yakking. Luckily I'm done with my Christmas wrapping, so I can spend some quality time tomorrow either reading up on agent query letters or working on my web presence. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Ho Ho Ho, Wamplers!!

Love,
Your CR Fan Club Members

Sara said...

@CR Fan Club: Merry Christmas to you too! It may be freezing, but at least there's no flooding :)