Wednesday, January 21, 2009

i'm just turning away from where i should have because i am not anything

I have nothing of any real interest to report tonight. That's pretty typical, actually, so I don't know why I felt the need to comment upon it. I made it to the office in time for an 8:30am meeting, but today wasn't quite as bad as usual. I had two free hours at lunch, and ended up spending half an hour in an impromptu chat with Gyre and Lizzie (Lizzie left my company last year, but she works down the street and stopped by to bring Gyre some stuff). I also got fairly caught up on stuff and fully unpacked my desk. I love my new office -- I have a much bigger window, and I ended up fully busting out the swag I've accumulated over the past five years. With my Bon Jovi poster on the wall, my lava lamp lit up and my fiber optic bonsai tree twinkling merrily, and feather boas and starry tinsel and my glass orb-shaped luminary award strategically placed, my office is the perfect cross between a dorm room and a thrift store. Yay.

So I slogged away all day, then left around six to have dinner with my boss, who is in town from Ann Arbor for a couple of days. We had a good time, but I ate too much and it was hard to stay awake on the drive back to the evil city. But I can't express how much I'm looking forward to tomorrow -- I only have three and a half hours of meetings. This is such a shock that I don't quite know what to do with myself, and will just have to hope that I am productive with that time (particularly since Friday goes back to my regularly scheduled brutality). I'm going to go to bed now, though, so that I can get up in time to beat some of the worst of the traffic -- it will likely be raining tomorrow morning, and if there's anything worse than rush hour, it's rush hour in the rain. Goodnight!

No comments: