Tuesday, February 17, 2009

i hear in my mind all this music and it breaks my heart

Tonight was a red-letter night in terms of my mail -- while there were no letters from agents, I did get a v. sweet valentine from Ritu Rani, as well as my official RWA PRO pin (to designate that I'm actively seeking publication). Yay!

The rest of my day was okay too. It was a little difficult to get back into the swing of things after the three-day weekend, likely made worse because it rained off and on throughout the day. However, I persevered, and when all of my meetings were finally over, I left to make a truly, direly necessary run to Target. I somehow managed to run out of Tylenol, Claritin, body wash, deodorant, and face wash today, and I am on my last roll of toilet paper and my last box of kleenexes. The chances that I would run out of all of that stuff at the same time are so slim, but given the vital nature of all of those things, a trip to Target could no longer be postponed.

After Target, I met Terry at Coupa Cafe in Palo Alto. She desperately wants me to finish Madeleine and Ferguson's story, so she meant to encourage me to write; instead, we talked for quite awhile, and then I wasn't really in the mood to write -- the next scene involves a confrontation between Ferguson and his father, and I'm dreading it just as much as Ferguson is. I also got another surprise call from Vidius Chandicus -- twice in two days is like a miracle!

The other exciting news of the day is that Katie, the queen of my heart, has agreed to accompany me on the first three days of my tropical vacation! This is totally perfect -- we will have Saturday night-Tuesday night to play in the sun and ogle the poolboys together, and then I will have Wednesday-Saturday to ogle the poolboys alone while writing my romance novel. I adore Katie and we never get to spend much time together now that we're no longer teenagers in Iowa brought together by a passion for Chuck Norris (Norris, ironically, is Katie's last name, or was before she traded it for a thoroughly unoriginal Smith). So, my eagerness for my vacation has increased tenfold.

On the heels of all of this general excellence, I just want to stay up late and write or watch Craig, but I shall be a good adult and go to bed instead. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click my name for the 10 Best PC Games ever list by PC World. I thought putting Doom on the list instead of Wolfenstein was sad, but I liked Doom too so whatever (IDKFA was the cheat code for all the ammo and guns on doom, and I haven't played it for over a decade). No Commander Keene, but I'm sure you'll appreciate #3.

Sara said...

@brother: no Keene, and no Wizardry -- but I love me some Civilization! I bought the new Colonization last fall but have been a good little productive member of society and haven't played it yet; I almost said I would take it to Hawaii w/me, but that's about the saddest thing I can imagine.

Anonymous said...

bought it, played it, hated it...too high tech for me. After the disappointment of that, I installed a DOS emulator on my computer and played the original game for 3 or 4 days. I wish I had the original Civ to do the same, not that I could win it without our "play as the Russians" money cheat, but I'm probably better at such games now that I'm not 8 years old...