Friday, February 13, 2009

it's good to see you now with someone else

This is hardly even a four-minute post -- I suddenly realized that I desperately need to go to bed. I slogged from 8am to 6:15pm, ran to Whole Foods to buy a cake (the Whole Foods in Mountain View is like a gigantic temple to organic excess), and then went to Terry's place for dinner. She hosted me and Lauren (aka Subz) -- tomorrow is Subz's last day with our (now formerly) mutual employer, which is v. sad for me but great for her. So the three of us caught up over dinner, and Terry and I preached the gospel to her in terms of the advent of new media and what online content and delivery is going to do to revolutionize every known creative space. Which reminds me -- I'm tempted to buy the new Kindle, but given how little I currently read since I'm focused on writing, it's probably not the best immediate investment.

So dinner was excellent and I'm really glad we all got together -- but when I got home, I messed around on the internet looking up tickets to Hawaii and Paris, since I'm daydreaming about getting away (bad bad sign), and now I'm not going to get enough sleep before I have to get up tomorrow morning and go into the office to repeat today's stream of meetings. Yay. But I may repeat today's epic victory in terms of sandwich selection -- while they technically messed up my sandwich by failing to run it through the oven and leaving off the bacon, I switched my usual sandwich up and got great results. I swapped out the usual turkey for some roasted chicken, and asked for honey mustard instead of dijon, and it was a completely different experience. So if nothing else, dreaming of that sandwich will get me into the office tomorrow where my willpower might not. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy a ticket and travel. Last week in a 24 hour period I booked 10 days in the Netherlands and two weeks in Italy. My own version of economic stimulus since I'm struggling with what our government is doing to us.