Tuesday, February 24, 2009

that was the turning point...that was one lonely night

Sensitive Girl didn't recover in time to restrain Ambition Girl today. While Sensitive Girl was still crying in the corner over being rejected by an agent, Ambition Girl whispered "Yes!" in my ear when I was offered a bright shiny new project at work today, and I grabbed it with both hands. Actually, I got two projects -- a behemoth that will take several months, culminating in a two-day event this summer, as well as a mini-project that will wrap up next week. Let's call the mini-project equivalent to the bright shininess of a pair of gaudy rhinestone earrings, while the other project is a gorgeous Swarovski crystal chandelier. The chandelier will no doubt fall and hit me on the head at some point, but I will die shiny, and that's all I've ever wanted.

So work was okay, but somewhat exhausting. I left later than I planned, and then met Terry for my favorite sandwich at Cafe Borrone. I wanted to write tonight, but my rhinestone-earring project demanded some action instead, and so I didn't get back to Madeleine and Ferguson. Terry was v. disappointed to learn that they have not yet had sex; if nothing else, I need to remind myself that the eternal happiness of two people relies on my ability to set boundaries at work. Or perhaps I shouldn't remind myself of that, since clearly I'm counting Madeleine and Ferguson as two real people, and completely ignoring the fact that perhaps I should look out for my own eternal happiness as well. Oh, well, if you've been reading my blog long enough, you know I'm certainly not normal, so you'll hopefully forgive me for getting so wrapped up in my own characters.

Even though it's not quite ten p.m., I need to go to sleep; I have to be at the SF office by 7am tomorrow morning, which means taking the bus in the dark, so hopefully I won't get stabbed. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Matthew Lewis said...

Sara, we want you to live shiny.

Anonymous said...

Swarovski makes beautiful stuff. However, a Swarovski chandelier can’t compare to the beauty of a Swarovski scope mounted to a Barrett 50 cal. sniper rifle. It’s better to take your chances with a Swarovski chandelier dropping on your head than to have a Swarovski scope on a Barrett aimed at it. Just imagine being able to reach out and touch someone 2750 meters away. That’s over one and a half miles.

Sara said...

@Alaska Matt - thank you, my friend. I hope you're keeping it grimy in Tokyo!

@Anonymous - hmm. No comment :)