Monday, March 02, 2009

the disco hotspots hold no charm for you

I am knee-deep in the danger zone. While I was feeling substantially less stressed yesterday, my little beast of a mini-project culminates Wednesday morning, so I need to wrap it up. I had a 9am meeting this morning about it that I couldn't be late for -- and when I looked at the traffic info on the way out the door this morning, I realized that there was a high chance I would be late, so I drove to the SF office instead. It was good that I made that decision -- turns out this morning was one of the worst commutes in awhile, and it took people who left around 8am almost two hours to get to Mountain View. Ugh. So I worked in SF until my parking meter ran out (which was pretty quick, since the meters in that neighborhood are an exorbitant $3/hr, and I didn't have that much change on hand).

But I just had an awesome moment -- I'm watching Craig Ferguson from a few nights ago, when he had Rosie O'Donnell on, and he ended up discussing tortoise sex and the sounds that tortoises make. However, he didn't highlight the grunting that I remember so vividly from my childhood experience with tortoise mating -- instead, he mentioned the slow, very slow, clapping of their shells against each other. I feel so connected with him!

Yeah, so I worked all day, then left a little early to mail the manuscript to the agent. I enjoyed a pearl milk tea on the way back to the evil city, and then worked until now. But Hawaii is only a few days away! So even though this week does not look particularly promising, I think I'll survive. Goodnight!

No comments: