Monday, March 09, 2009

there is something wrong with that car

Katie and I are having a marvelous time in Maui! This is despite the rain...the weather is hardly the sunny wonder of my dreams. But the rain makes everything feel very lush and tropical, which I take as a good thing. Today we did the Road to Hana, which means we spent most of the day in the car navigating windy mountain roads that put the treacherous stretchs near the ocean in Northern California to shame. It was totally worth it -- we saw multiple waterfalls, verdant vegetation, and lots of fabulous ocean views. We frolicked on a black sand beach, ate lots of banana bread, and shopped in some fabulous boutiques in Paia. So all in all, it was an excellent day, despite the fact that we both got realty carsick on the drive home.

I'm exhausted and blogging from my phone, so no pics tonight. Katie has taken a ton of me, including a particularly ridiculous one in which she encouraged me to free my flowing hair, which was a clear mistake since the wind immediately made me look like Animal from the Muppets. So perhaps you'll get pics soon, but for now, goodnight!

No comments: