Tuesday, March 17, 2009

tomorrow's just a future yesterday

This is a four-minute post. Today was great from a friendship standpoint. I had a lovely lunch/family time with Adit and Vidya (aka the Chandlord). I also had a v. nice dinner with Terry; we abandoned our pretense of getting together to "write" and just went out for dinner instead, which was a welcome change of pace even if I ate way too much Mexican food. And, due to the miracle that is daylight saving time, it was just getting dark when I made it back to the evil city around 8pm, where I promptly barricaded myself in my apartment to avoid the drunkards on the streets. My prediction is that my commute tomorrow morning will be hassle-free, since most people will be too hungover to go to work early, and I have to be there at 8am for a meeting.

In other news, my cold is getting better, but my sinus headache is still awful; again, I refuse to contemplate whether the headache is actually work-related instead. Whatever is causing the headache, it needs to stop -- I made it through another fifty emails tonight, but many of those had come in today, so I still have 112 unread and another thirty that I've read and am too lazy/busy to respond to immediately. Perhaps I'll make some progress tomorrow, but I have meetings straight from 8am to 5pm and may have plans for drinks with coworkers shortly thereafter, so the chances that I will get anything done are slim. Sigh. I still have my post-vacation glow, but if I don't get to do some writing soon, it will disappear. Four minutes are up -- goodnight!

No comments: