Wednesday, April 01, 2009

let me know is your heart still beating

This is a four-minute post. I actually had a reasonably good day at work, despite having meetings straight from 9am until after 5:30pm and not getting home until almost eight. The reason I had a good day at work is solely because I really like my coworkers; the fact that I can't actually do any *work* at work and that the work is increasing despite the finite amount of time in the day is upsetting, but the people make it worth it.

After work, I drove home and talked briefly with my parents in a rare Wednesday-night conversation. It was good to catch up, particularly since I may not have my usual Sunday call with them due to my upcoming trip to San Diego. I also picked up my Singulair prescription at the pharmacy, which is vital since I've been out for several days, and my lung function is declining as a result. Or maybe my lung function is decreasing because my body is looking for an excuse to take a sick day -- but my iron will is going to win out in the end. Or I will end up in an iron lung, which would be an ironic turn of events.

Now, though, it's bedtime -- I worked from 8:30pm until now, and I'm still ridiculously behind, but since I have to be in the south bay at eight a.m. tomorrow, I'm throwing in the towel. But finally -- happy birthday Ritu Rani! Goodnight!

No comments: