Thursday, April 30, 2009

a mole digging in a hole, digging up my soul now going down excavation

This is a four-minute post. Today was really not such a bad day, despite my general apathy for meetings and my specific antipathy for people. Nothing too terribly annoying happened during the day, and I had an excellent lunch (steak, black bean soup, and broccoli), which fueled me for an afternoon of meetings. Pete had previously accused me of falling asleep in our 1:1s, which is not true, but I stayed awake for sure today with a cup of coffee and the decision to have our 1:1 outdoors. Then again, I wore my sunglasses, so he wouldn't know if I fell asleep anyway :)

Following work, I met up with Terry at Cafe Borrone, where I had a delicious jarlsberg cheese sandwich with avocado and sprouts (how v. Californian of me) and caught up with her on all the various goings-on in our lives. I also ran into Shedletsky and Joanna there and made plans for brunch this weekend, which is v. necessary since I haven't seen them in at least four months. Then, I made the trek back to the evil city, and now it's time for bed -- the weekend can't come fast enough!

No comments: