Wednesday, April 08, 2009

sometimes when i play that old six-string, i think about you wondering what went wrong

I was busy at work today; my first meeting started at 7:30am, which was rather unpleasant, but things weren't all bad. Through some judicious pruning of my calendar, I managed to get almost three hours free, which helped (although by no means solved) my current to-do list's problems. I still had to do some work when I got home tonight, and expect that I'll have several more longish days this week, but I'm hopeful that I can spend the weekend focused on the book.

After work, I met up with Terry at a cafe in Palo Alto, where we discussed a multitude of things over a glass of wine for her and a portobello mushroom wrap for me. Hint: if you ever make a wrap, don't slice it into five pieces -- while the presentation was v. pretty, the whole point of a wrap is to contain the ingredients, and slicing the wrap into 1" slices defeated the purpose. Anyway, Terry and I had a lovely time, and then I came home, bought some milk for my tea (since my stomachache today was either a) stress or b) rotten milk from this morning), and did a couple of loads of laundry.

But the biggest accomplishment of today was that I'm trying to make concerted progress towards fully setting up my alter ego. I'm starting to blog again on the Sara Ramsey blog, and I also set up a Facebook profile for Sara Ramsey today. Ironically, the half hour I spent setting up my alter-ego Facebook profile is longer than I've spent on my personal profile in over a month, but I suppose I'll have to engage in the social aspects of Facebook if I want Sara Ramsey to have friends and eventually sell books. We'll see how that goes -- there's limited time in the day, and it's going to be difficult to blog here and at sararamsey.blogspot.com, as well as update my Facebook profile, comment on people's stuff, start commenting on other blogs, and possibly maintain a Twitter account. Sigh. The book needs to be the main focus -- but I can't neglect the personality-building now, since it will become important as I sell the book.

That's all for now; I should really go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: